As I’ve mentioned a hundred times before, I am quite- erm- behind in my emails. I’ve just found this award from *cough* March, though, so I thought I would post it. Thank you to The Writing Hufflepuff for nominating me- sorry it’s taken so long for me to acknowledge it!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog!
- Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees!
11 random facts about me
- My favourite animals are giraffes- have been forever. I have so many giraffe related things in my room, it’s slightly ridiculous.
- I’m a bit of a stereotypical Brit in the sense that I love tea and probably drink way too much of it. Ice tea is gross, though.
- I’m currently scrapbooking all my sixth form photos which is lots of fun because I’m remembering all the fun times we had.
- My star sign is Leo, which is weird because most of the Leo “traits” really do not apply to me. Though I don’t actually believe in any of the star sign rubbish so I’m not sure why I care (though I do read my horoscope just in case– forewarned is forearmed, kids (is that even the saying)). I do like cats though.
- I really like the “pointy” odd numbers, if that makes any sense. Like 17. None of this round even number rubbish. (Please tell me you understand and I’m not alone in my irrational dislike of rounded numbers).
- My favourite colour is blue, but it has to be DARK blue.
- I recently made two dresses to take on my holidays, and I’m thinking of making a skirt soon!
- I have so many teddies and soft toys in my room and the biggest is a massive yellow bear that my brother won when he went to Alton Towers. It’s about three foot tall!
- I read The Killing’s book adaption in June, and I’m currently watching the series with my brother (IT’S SO GOOD!!!).
- Because of this I now really want to learn Danish and visit Denmark.
- When we were in Greece recently, someone gave my mum a Danish coin for change because it had been mixed up as a Euro, so she gave it to me. I now have 10 kronor towards said visit to Denmark! Woo hoo! (Until you see the exchange rates and see how much 10 kronor is worth)
The Writing Hufflepuff’s Questions:
- What is your favourite film?
I have a few. I love Pretty Woman and Pride and Prejudice because they make me laugh and feel really happy, and I love The English Patient, both because of the story and because my favourite actors, Kristin Scott Thomas and Ralph Fiennes, are in it. Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz make me laugh, and I have an eternal love for films like Crocodile Dundee I & II and The Fugitive, which I always watch when they come on telly.
- What is the reason behind your blog’s name?
Scribbley is my dad’s nickname for me, and it seemed to go well with my general theme of writing sooo… yeah🙂
- Who is your favourite character from anything ever?
ARGH SO DIFFICULT. I think probably Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter, because I really identified with her when I was younger. I’m probably more like Hermione in the academic sense, but when I was a child I generally received comments about my personality and the fact I am a bit weird, which didn’t bother me hugely but I found it confusing that people were saying stuff like that to me so it was quite reassuring to have a character who is also teased for being odd but didn’t care. Actually, I think that probably helped later on when I started getting comments about my appearance and nerdiness because they generally (excluding some nastier incidents) didn’t affect me. So thanks, Luna!
- If you could immediately become fluent in one language, what language would you pick and why?
Latin, because it’s the basis for a lot of languages, so while it is a “dead language” itself, it would definitely help with learning other languages!
- What is your favourite food?
My favourite meal is lasagne, but anything pig is good. Excellent, actually.
- What are some of your favourite blogs? (With links)
If I follow you, I like you! I’m not picking favourites- just know I enjoy reading everyone’s blogs🙂
- Who’s your favourite actor/ actress?
Ralph Fiennes and Kristin Scott Thomas (shut me up on this topic before I begin fangirling uncontrollably).
- What is your favourite item of clothing?
At the moment, my school leavers’ hoodie. It’s HUGE and so SNUGGLY.
But also the jumpers my nanny knitted me because they’re so warm. Not seasonal, but there you go.
Cat print clothing and skater skirts too.
- What is your favourite book/ comic series?
Can I have two? Pretty please?
Harry Potter (obviously), and the Millenium series. (I don’t read comics)
- What is your favourite number?
17 (see fact about pointy numbers).
13 is my lucky number (converse to the rest of the world!) since it’s my birthday date.
- If you could rule the world, what would you do first?
END INEQUALITY. That covers a lot, I think. And then I would move onto poverty and stopping war… Endless jobs!
I’m going to nominate anyone who wants to do this award, since I think most people have already done it and I’m a bit late to the party! Link back here if you do do the award, though- I’d like to see your posts!